Varnam MY is the Malaysian Indian livewire for the latest Malaysian based community news, local celebrity news, interviews, concerts and all things Indian under the Lowyat Media Group.
We are looking for passionate and dynamic individuals to apply for the position(s) of Junior Writer – Current Affairs.
- You will work as part of the VARNAM editorial team to grow and manage our digital media platforms and our audience base.
- You will create and produce news content to interest ordinary Malaysians in celebrity and entertainment news.
- You will help manage our stakeholders, including our operating partners and our sponsorship partners.
Qualifications & requirements:
- You are creative, able to think and communicate with clarity and have strong writing skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to work both independently and in teams.
- You thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- You love the internet & digital content, and you keep current with current affairs and social media trends.
- You consume, and are able to contextualize news on celebrities, entertainment, lifestyle and travel (both local and international).
- 1 to 2 years of work experience is preferred but fresh graduates with relevant background are welcome to apply.
- Graphic design or illustration skills are a bonus
We strive to provide a people centric culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.